Effective April 4, 2016
Project SOS, Inc. is a federally recognized 501(c)(3), not for profit organization specializing in Youth Development through classroom and Online ‘edutainment’ and Life Coaching. Project SOS has been a leading provider of youth development services in Northeast Florida since 1993.
Project SOS, Inc. (“SOS”) is committed to complying fully with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Project SOS does not knowingly collect the data of children under the age of 13. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn healthy life skills from our resources, website registration is for teenagers 13 and older. We ask parents approve and closely supervise their children’s online activity. If we become aware that personal information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account as quickly as possible.
Information Project SOS Collects
How we collect, process and store information depends in part on how you use this website. You may register to use this website as a “Registered User”. “Guest Users”, users who do not register to this site can access and use certain features without creating an account or providing any information other than information that is automatically collected as explained later.
We respect your online privacy and will not collect any identifying or personal information about you with out your expressed consent. SOS collects information in several different ways from various parts of this site. We may collect information from you during your use of this site, when you register with this site, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and other information you provide or post on our website or allow us to access when you do certain things.
Information about you
SOS may also ask you for personal information at other times, such as when you ask a question or report a problem with the site. The information is kept as a record of the session or correspondence, including a record of your email address. Other services on this site may require you to fill out an online form or send SOS a message using email, or social media sites to use said services. In such circumstances, SOS collects all information, including personal information.
We may ask you for identifying and personal information to:
- “Opt in,” or accept an invitation to receive periodic e-mail updates. When accepting, we will ask you to give us your e-mail address and respond to questions that specify your interests. You can “opt out” of receiving these periodic updates at any time.
- Online donations you make processed by Project SOS, Inc. or any of our service providers. When you donate to impact teen lives, we do not use the information you give us about that person for any other purpose.
- Online “registration” and confirmation to our site: When you agree to give us identifying and personal information, you are giving that information only to Project SOS, Inc, and the parties involved in operating this site. You are giving it solely to enable the services this site provides.
- Sign up and complete our registration form;
- Create or edit your user profile;
- Login to the Services;
- Submit questions or answer questions;
- Contact our customer support team or use our reporting mechanisms;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, or other products);
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social media service; or
- Post user-generated content to or on our Services.
This list is not exhaustive, but meant to give the website user an idea of the data collecting on this website.
SOS may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access this site, and about your use of this site, even if you use this site as a Guest User or post on an anonymous basis. SOS also may collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items.
“Cookies” may be used and stored on your Hard Disk or device memory for proper operation of this site. By allowing cookies, information is potentially collected without your express knowledge. This data may include password and user name storage; analysis of site usage by collecting the information discussed above; and customizing our services to your preferences.
We collect information about the device you use to access this site, which may include the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type and language, IP address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. Among other things, we use this information to customize this site for your device, to provide customer service and support, to deliver the products and services you request, to deliver notifications, for user safety, and for analytics and authentication.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
How SOS Uses The Information It Collects
How We Share Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Whisper or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among SOS, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- If we have a good faith belief that disclosing the information is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
- To assist in providing the website;
- To provide you with services or products that you have requested;
- With companies that perform services on our behalf (including both third parties and our affiliates), such as advertising providers, payment processors, providers of technical infrastructure (such as servers) or engineering or other support, order fulfillment companies, moderation companies, and e-mail service providers;
- With our affiliates for the collective benefit of our affiliates’ businesses and for operational purposes;
- In order to respond to the claims of violation of the rights of third parties and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of SOS, our employees, Registered and Guest Users, or the public. This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations;
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets;
- We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to share it by law.
Privacy Practices of Other Sites
We assume no liability for any unauthorized actions of third parties or accidental transmission errors that may disclose information about you, and SOS is not responsible for these other sites’ privacy practices, which may be different from SOS privacy practices.
How We Protect Your Information
Third Party Links and Services
De-Activating Your Profile and/or Project SOS
You also have the right to modify or delete the personal information we hold about you. You can generally exercise these rights by De-activating Your Profile.
If you wish to delete your account, please contact us by using the “Email Support” link in settings from inside the application, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or for the safety of SOS (including its users) and others. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Changing Your Profile
Because you control your profile, you have the option to correct or update your information at any time by just logging into the Services. Once you register, you will be able to change most of your personal information, including: your name; your country; your contact email address; your profile picture; and your password. You will not be able to change your birth date. You will also have the option to delete questions and answers posted to your profile at any time.
Contacting SOS About Your Personal Information
If you would like to review the personal information that SOS has collected about you through this site in order to verify its accuracy and completeness, or if you have a question or complaint regarding SOS privacy practices, or to request that SOS delete your personal information from its records, please contact SOS at firstname.lastname@example.org.